Riding and Producing
Offering production options
Ben really enjoys the production of horses for competitive sport and has several options available.
Ben is based at Hammer and Harp Farm in Beaconsfield and a 5* luxury service is provided for both horse and rider. Being based within close proximity to London provides an extensive network of road, rail and air transport links for those either living in London or visiting from abroad to see their horses.
Each package is tailor made to suit individual needs and training aspirations.
- Safe, secure and well-maintained yard with client area including tea/coffee station
- Light, airy loose boxes with rubber matting and deep shavings beds
- A tack room remodeled with care including handmade wooden saddle and bridle racks to keep tack in the best condition
- Individual storage areas for your horses equipment
- Periodic washing and drying of your horses equipment
- 3 large rubber matted wash/cross tie bays with hot water
- Solarium with hot air dry heater
- Rug drying rails for inclement weather
- Ad lib forage at all times steamed by Haygain
- Individual daily turnout
- 25m x 65m floodlit training arena with good quality well maintained surface and arena mirrors
- Friendly staff who cater to both the rider and horses needs
- Daily full groom of your horse, including bathing and trimming when needed
Becoming an owner:
Being involved in the world of dressage provides much enjoyment and interaction with many like minded people. The thrill of seeing your horse develop in a clear, structured training system with the end goal of International Grand Prix cannot be beaten! Ben has built up a lovely group of owners who enjoy seeing their horses trained and produced for competition.
If you are interested in exploring this path and would like to know more details and what Ben and his team can offer then please get in touch.
From time to time we have syndicate opportunities available which also provide much enjoyment – these range from foals to ridden horse options!
Ben is such a talented, sympathetic and patient rider. He has been working with my rather tricky mare Firefly for over a year now. I’m so excited at how far Firefly has come in such a short time. She is so happy in her work and just adores Ben. He works really hard to understand each and every horse in his yard and what makes them ’tick”. He uses groundwork, polework and ridden exercises interspersed with regular training from Emily Baker and Carl Hester to really achieve results.
We have had our ups and downs with her, but Ben is an excellent communicator and as an owner I always know his short and long term plans for Firefly. I always know if he has any worries or concerns about her performance or health, and I trust him and his team implicitly to act on those concerns. The horse and its welfare is paramount to Ben. He works closely with vets, physios, nutritionists and other experts to get the best out of each and every horse in his yard.
It is an absolute pleasure to work with Ben – he has produced and competed a number of my home bred dressage horses and his professionalism and thoughtful attention to every detail of their training means that each individual gets the very best programme of work and competition to suit its own particular requirements.
His enthusiasm and obvious love for the horses ensures they get the best care at all times. Nothing is too much trouble and the highest possible standards of management and welfare are always a priority.
+44 (0) 7896556045
Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, UK